2019 Evinrude 40 HP - E40DGTL Graphite
Call for Price
40 HP - E40DGTL Graphite
Lighter and tougher than the other outboard motors with more electrical output.
- Evinrude E-TEC sets the performance standard for outboard engines.
- The Evinrude E-TEC H.O. series are performance engines to the max. Each engine is tuned for extra power and speed. If you like pushing limits in horsepower, speed and torque, then consider our High Output Series.
- The auto winterization feature fogs the engines itself in minutes, with no trip to the dealer. An Evinrude E-TEC engine does not require belts, camshafts or exhaust valves, which means there are fewer parts to wear down or malfunction than a four--stroke outboard. Extend the life of your outboard and your boating season.
- Get even more extra miles per hour with the Straight Leading Edge gearcase. The Evinrude SLE gearcase features high-efficiency water pickups and a weed-slicing shape up front, for a cooler-running engine and ultimate durability and reliability in the long run.
- Engine Model (Color): E40DGTL Graphite
- Engine Type: Inline 2-Cylinder E-TEC D.I.
- Bore x Stroke - in (mm): 3.601 x 2.588 (91 x 66)
- Displacement - cu in (cc) L: 52.7 (863)
- Gear Ratio: 2.9:1
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5500-6000 RPM
- Weight - lbs (kg): 250 (113)
- Starting: Electric
- Controls: Mechanical
- Fuel Induction: E-TEC Direct Injection with stratified low RPM combustion mode
- Alternator Output*: 81 Amps Total / 25 Net Dedicated
- Steering: Tiller
- Trim Method: Power Trim and Tilt
- Trim Range: -4° to 16°
- Tilt Range: 65°
- Shaft Length - in (mm): 20 (508)
- Lubrication: Multi-Point Targeted Oiling
- Oil Tank Capacity - gal: 2 (1.9)
- Recommended Oil: Evinrude / Johnson XD-100 Oil
- Recommended Fuel: 87 Octane
- Warranty: 3-Year, Non-Declining
- Emissions Compliance: EPA 2013 / CARB 3 STAR / European Union
NOTES:Variable Voltage Computer Controlled 81 Amp. Current amp calculated at 13.5 V. Net dedicated battery charging power output is 25 Amp.
- Engine Type
- Inline 2-Cylinder E-TEC D.I.
- Bore x Stroke
- 3.601 x 2.588 in. (91 x 66 mm)
- 52.7 cu.in. (863cc)
- Shaft Length
- 20 in. (508 mm)
- 250 lb. (113 kg)
- Trim Method
- Power Trim and Tilt
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 40 hp
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5500-6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- Fuel Induction
- E-TEC Direct Injection with stratified low RPM combustion mode
- 81 Amps Total / 25 Net Dedicated
- 3-Year, Non-Declining